ARTIST AWARD AMOUNT: $5,000
The winning artist will receive a $5,000 cash award for their design. The artist must agree to provide any follow-up medal design needs to assure the highest quality minted medal possible. The winning design, including copyright, becomes property of the State of Indiana.
The application and artwork must be submitted by the deadline: Monday, June 29, 2015, 4:30 p.m. EDT. The application must be submitted through www.callforentry.org. Applicants will need to visit www.callforentry.org and create an account before uploading their application.
No more than one application per applicant will be accepted. Applicant must be:
- A permanent, legal resident of Indiana, age 18 years or older.
- Applicant must be willing to work with the committee, should the committee wish for changes to the drawing.
- Applicant must be willing to meet project deadlines.
The selection committee will evaluate eligible artists’ submissions and select one or more applicant finalists based upon the following criteria:
- Artistic merit;
- Historical content - Extent to which the design is reflective of Indiana’s 200 years of history.
- Appropriateness - Extent to which the design is appropriate for, and would appeal to, a broad audience.
Applications must be accessed and completed through Café (www.callforentry.org), the online call for entry system used by the Indiana Arts Commission for this program. If you have any questions about the application requirements or these guidelines please contact Paige Sharp by calling 317-232-1279 or emailing email@example.com. For assistance applying through the Café system, click here. For technical assistance with the application, contact Adrian Starnes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-232-1278.
ARTWORK SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Artist may submit up to three designs with their application.
- Subject matter must be reflective of Indiana’s 200 years of history.
- Your submitted design must be your own work, must not be copied from someone else and must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use. This includes depictions, names, emblems, logos, trademarks or any other indicia associated with any specific commercial, private, educational, civic, religious, sports, or other organizations whose membership or ownership is not universal.
- Submitted designs must not include the artist name or initials. Selection is a blind jury process.
- The design submission(s) must comply with both of the following formatting requirements:
- Artwork must be in electronic JPEG format, no greater than 5 MB, and a minimum of 1920 pixels on longest side. Image(s) will not upload if the size does not meet required specifications.
- Submitted design images must maintain resolution clarity at size 6”diameter.
- The final product will be a medal, 3/8” – 2.5” width. Please keep this in mind when developing your design idea(s).
- The final product does not allow for gradations in the artwork. Submitted work should be line art, black and white (computer-based or by hand and scanned/photographed).